Lynn Valley Community Association
The Lynn Valley Community Association has been working for the benefit of the community since it was first established in 1911. The LVCA is a non-political group of over 100 volunteers whose objectives are to:
- Foster and develop community pride
- Encourage involvement in neighbourhood and community development
- Influence decisions in our community
The major accomplishments include:
- “Valleyfest” during 17 days of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Assisting to coordinate the 2010 Torch Relay and Torch Celebration in Lynn Valley.
- A significant contribution to planning the town centre project (now complete) and the writing of the Lynn Valley Area Plan in 1997.
- Instrumental in the renovation of Mollie Nye House and establishing it as a community centre.
- Significant contribution to save Lynn Canyon which resulted in the withdrawal of a plan to have a road built through the park.
People can be a member at large however, to get the most benefit; it is recommended that members get involved in one or more of the standing committees which are:
- Community Events
- Development & Planning
- Parks, Trails & Alpine Recreation
- Property Taxation
To find out more about any of these opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org